An administration job requires a person to handle a multitude of activities such as managing the office premises, running errands, doing accounts, and fulfilling other activities. In simplicity, an admin officer is seen responsible for the proper functioning of an office.
Formal degree and training may or may not be required to obtain an administrative job. On one hand, high school or college graduates can acquire entry level positions with basic qualifications of computer and office management skills. On the other hand, one can even acquire a master’s degree in administration and go on to hold senior level positions that deal with more strategic administrative roles. For such managerial designations, one should possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
With more and more people opting for admin jobs, here are five great things that make administrative positions so appealing.
- Management: Admin officers are responsible for designing, implementing and managing procedures that affect the overall functioning of the office. The officers also responsible for managing people associated with the execution of these procedures.
- Compensation: Because of a wide array of responsibilities handled, admin officers are paid good salary packages. There is growth in the field with respect to promotion and salary hikes as well. And those who hold prior experience in the field can enjoy negotiating powers while deciding their compensation with a potential employer.
- Responsibilities: Admin officers and executives have to take care of a wide range of responsibilities on a daily basis. They are in charge of a number of important tasks that require close monitoring. They are accountable for overseeing the normal functioning of office premises, ensuring the hygiene conditions, supervising all clerical and financial billing, etc. They also plan and schedule meetings and handle important paperwork.
- Knowledge: Working in an administrative job expands your horizon with respect to different fields or disciplines. Officers tend to gain knowledge in a variety of functional fields such as finance, accounts, economics, human resources, legal matters, and health and administration, to name a few. You can even branch out into a field later on in your career as well.
- Career Options: Administrative executives and officers can either to work in the public sector or the private sector depending on their preference and growth potential. There are a huge number of organizations that operate in both these sectors which have plenty of administrative job vacancies that need to be filled. You can even explore the option of working with a non-profit organization.
Administration is the backbone of any organization; a company can’t function without it. It ensures that employees have a safe, peaceful and hygienic environment to work in and that all administrative tasks and transactions proceed smoothly. Hence, if you are looking for an admin job or an accounts job in Delhi or NCR, there are a number of job sites you can visit and find a job that does justice to your capabilities.
Feel free to get in touch with us by leaving your queries below.