Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination conducts its own entrance examination for admission into undergraduate professional &post-graduate courses in colleges of the state. Government/Private Medical, Dental and Engineering colleges in the state accept students in different medical and engineering courses on the basis of JKBOPE examination. JKBOPEE conducts various exams and JKCET i.e. Jammu& Kashmir Common Entrance Test is one of them.
Admissions to the following courses are offered on the basis of the score obtained in JKCET:
- Bachelor in Engineering
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene
In this article we will discuss about JKBOPE Examination and related topics such as application process, eligibility etc.:
- Eligibility:Thecandidates making application for the examination should fulfill the following eligibility conditions in order to appear in the examination:
o Domicile: Onlypermanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir are allowed to appear in the examination.
o Age: The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years as on or before December 31, 2016.
o Academic qualification: The candidate should have cleared/appearing in class 12 examination to be eligible for admission.
o Minimum marks: The student should have/expected to score at least 50% marks in class 12 examination to be eligible for the examination. The minimum marks are relaxable to 40% for the students belonging to reserved categories.
o Subject combination:The students should English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as their main subject for admission to medical courses and English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for admission to Engineering courses.
- Application Process: The candidates are required to make online application for the JKBOPE Examination as there is no offline application process.
- Application Fee: Thecandidates are required to make payment of Rs. 1000 as the application fee of the examination. The payment of the application fee can be done either online or by offline Bank Challan.
o The offline payment needs to be done either in HDFC or J&K Bank only.
- Submission of Application form: Candidates belonging to Open merit category i.e. general category are required to complete the online application process only while the students belonging to reserved categories are required to submit the confirmation page of the online application form along with attested photo copy of the reserved category certificate at JKBOPEE office in Srinagar/Jammu.
- Selection Process: The candidates will be selected on the basis of the score obtained by them in the entrance examination, merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by candidate in the examination and only shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling.
- Cut off marks: As per J&K Reservation Rules, candidates are required to score marks as per the below mentioned criteria to get admission in MBBS courses:
o For Open merit and Poor & Backward Candidates : 50%
o For Reserved Category Candidates: 40%
For more details and updates related to JKBOPEE or JKCET, visit www.MotaChashma.com