Every man should own at least one suit as it constitutes the most vital position of every man’s closet. Getting each and every suit tailor-made is possibly the best solution for obvious reasons but sadly, this is not always feasible by a man. As it is, men hate dressing up and on top of that when they’re asked to go to a tailor and give measurements for making tailor made suits; that is possibly the last thing that they would want to do. Instead of making such suits, they would prefer buying readymade suits. Purchasing a ready-to-wear suit isn’t a bad thing but you will find your money gone in vain when you see that the suit isn’t fitting you well. So, here is a comprehensive guide of the small things that you should take into account while buying suits.
- Fit is everything: There is no other advice that can be listed in the first when it comes to the shopping guide for men. Remember that fit is everything. Whether you purchase an expensive material or a cheap one, if the suit doesn’t fit you well, it will not look good on you. Hence, make sure you choose tailored suits, that too from a well-known and a dependable tailor who you know personally.
- Choose the best fabric: Remember that the main difference between cliché and classic is the material that you choose for stitching your suit. The better is the quality of the raw material; the better will be the look of the end-product. The timeless appeal of most gray suits is hidden behind the cashmere wool that is used to make it.
- Look for a reputable and trustworthy tailor: Once you know your fit, the next most important thing to check is to look for a traditional tailor who has a good reputation. Friends and family members can influence you in the right way as you can listen to their recommendations.
- Determine the style of your suit: Are you going to stitch a two-button or a three-button suit? Will it be single or double-breasted? It will all depend on the present styles and trends that are going on and the time during which you buy the suit material. If you’re someone with a conservative taste, try not to follow any kind of fashion trends. Opt for a classic suit rather. Discuss different options with your tailor as they have enough experience.
- Personalize the suit: The main beauty of men’s suits is that you can easily add some of your personal touches to make it look even more unique and genuine. Whether you want some specific style of pocket or button, you just have to ask and you can get it. It is these simple touches that can impress your colleagues and make you stand out of the crowd.
Hence, if you’re out in the market to purchase a suit, think twice about achieving the best fit. Ensure following the above mentioned shopping guide so that you can make the best tailored suit that fits your body in the most appropriate manner. visit sites like GQ magazine or Montagio Custom Tailoring for more information on tailor made men’s suits.