India with is growing popularity and Prime Minister’s ‘Make in India’ initiative expects being a global hub in manufacturing and development of various industries. Recently aircraft manufacturing giant Boeing decided to assemble either its Apache or Chinook helicopter in India indicating an upward trend in demand of Aeronautical professionals.
Aerospace Engineering is the parent branch of Aeronautical Engineering& Astronautical Engineering.Astronautical engineering deals with aircrafts operating in outer space while Aeronautical Engineering educates the candidates about several aspects of science related to military as well as civil aircrafts, their construction, maintenance, testing, research & development.
Candidates successfully completing their higher education in the related field can join Government organizations such as Indian Space Research Organisation, National Aeronautical Labs, Defence Research and Development Organisation etc. or can become part of the growing Private sector in the same field. Airlines such as Air India, Jet Airways as well as aviation department of India Air Force are in continuous need of well qualified professionals.
In India presently there are 150-200 colleges in India which offer Aeronautical Engineering Courses, Tamil Nadu &Telangana are the states which has maximum number of colleges related to the field.
The names of top institutes imparting quality education in Aeronautical engineering are as follow:
- IIT,Bombay: IIT Bombay is one of the antiquatedinstitutes of the field making world class professional of the field.
- IIT, Kharagpur: IIT Kharagpur has been producing world class professionals in the field of Aeronautical Engineering since 1951, being the oldest & largest institute of the country.
- IIT, Madras:IIT Madras is a public institute offering courses in Aeronautical engineering since 1959.
- IIT, Kanpur: Equipped with its own air field & test aircraft IIT Kanpur provides an excellent training infrastructure to its students.
- PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh: Punjab Engineering College was the engineering institute established in 1921, later it was renamed as PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh.
- IIST, Thiruvananthapuram: IIST, Thiruvananthapuram is sponsored by Department of Space, Government of India. It is Asia’s largest institute with maximum number of courses related to the field.
The state wise numbers of colleges in India are as follow:
|State||Number of College|
|Madhya Pradesh||1 College|
|Andhra Pradesh||5 College|
|Uttar Pradesh||6 College|
|Tamil Nadu||76 College|
For details related to College offering Aeronautical Engineering Courses in India, you can visit www.Motachasma.com