Flowers are the traditional gift for Valentine’s Day. The history of giving flowers on Valentine’s Day dates back to the 18th century when the language of flowers was introduced to the Persians by Charles II. The tradition is still very popular and most people choose to give just the flowers or they give flowers along with other gifts to express the heartfelt emotions of love and romance to someone special.
If you are confused as to which flowers you should send to your beloved this Valentine’s Day, check out the 5 most popular flowers for Valentine’s Day.
- Roses-they are classic symbol of love and romance and are considered to be the most romantic of all flowers. The sweet aroma and the silky soft petals of this flower emanate the message of love. Roses come in over 150 varieties. There are so many shades and colors of roses that one can easily find the flower to communicate one’s feelings. Whether you wish to convey deep passion and love or you have recently entered into a relationship and you do not want to out rightly express your feelings, there is a rose for every occasion and sentiment. Send a bouquet made out of a single color of rose or choose a mix variety. A bouquet of roses would always be appreciated.
- Carnations-they are as popular as roses on Valentine’s Day. The ruffled appearance of this flower lends a soft, gentle, and feminine appearance to them, making them the perfect flowers for women on this day of love and romance. Like roses, carnations come in several shades and hues to convey myriad of emotions. Depending on how strongly you feel for the other person, you can choose to send red, pink, white, or yellow carnations.
- Lilies-Lilies are yet another popular flowers for Valentine’s Day. Elegant and romantic, lilies make a classy Valentine’s Day gift for that someone special. Lilies come in several shades, including red, white, orange, and pink. All of these flowers are quite romantic and classy. Go with a single color or create an assortment of different shades to say I Love You in a romantic and classy manner though.
- Tulips-simple, yet elegant, tulips make the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for women who are simple and uncomplicated. Whereas red and pink are the most popular colors that are purchased on this day, you can find Tulips in almost every possible color.
- Alstroemeria-often referred to as Peruvian Lily or Lily of the Incas, Alstroemeria is quite a popular flower for Valentine’s Day. The delicate blossom of this flower resembles lilies to a large extent. Alstroemeria look beautiful and elegant and make a good floral gift for the man or woman you love a lot.
When buying flowers for Valentine’s Day, look for the above popular flowers or send the ones that the recipient loves the most. Flowers are the simplest, yet the most powerful means of expressing the complicated emotions of love and romance.