Understanding the different Door Styles and Types for the Home
Doors and windows do play an important role in the house, since it successfully helps to keep off animals, pests and strangers from intruding inside. There is a need for the individual to ensure that the best quality windows and doors are used for the purpose and this is something that should not be compromised upon. There are created from a variety of materials and hence one should select the right one that would look good on the house and also enhance the safety aspects.
Selecting a Good One
In order to select the best one for the different parts of the house, there is a need for the individual to first understand the different door and window styles and shapes that are available in the market. The best way to start the search would be to browse through the internet. Most manufacturers of doors and windows have put up their products on their websites along with details. This helps the people to go through them and understand each type and to choose the one that fits their immediate and long term requirements along with the budget. There one can find variety of exterior and interior door styles and types that is selected from.
Understanding the different Types
The specialty store or online site is likely to have wide range of doors, from where the individual can select from. The different styles interior doors are given below:
- Hinged single door: It is regarded to be the most commonly available type in the market. Room design allows extra space for the hinged doors to easily swing. The typical interior doors are lightweight and are known to have two hinges, while the exterior doors use three hinges and are heavy. Interior doors generally are 1-3/8 inches thick, while exterior doors commonly are of 1-3/4 inches thick.
- Panel door: It is regarded to be a classic style and generally has 3 to 4 horizontal rails along with 3 vertical stiles. Spaces found between them are considered to be filled up with thinner panels. The decorative molding known as ‘sticking’ tends to surround each panel. Result availed is a textured richly look, which is both modern and traditional settings.
- Flush door: It is regarded to be an ordinary flat slap and generally the lease expensive selection. In case, the surface is termed to be hardwood veneer, which is usually oak or birch, then the flush door could be stained. However, other materials generally look best painted. These types of doors are known to blend perfectly with the contemporary settings, but some might look to be out of place, especially in the traditional home setting. Often interior flush doors are of hollow core, while the exterior ones do have solid core and might have fiberglass or metal face instead of wood veneer.
- French Doors: This pair does add immense charming touch and an additional wide doorway opening. Such doors are always traditional in its design and come with glass panels. Most commonly, they are utilized as exterior patio doors, however, the interior French doors could make stunning passageway between the rooms.
- Pocket doors: It has been noticed that older homes do have such type of interior pocket doors that slide into wall, if fully opened. It allows the person to open completely the doorway and not to take up sufficient floor space. These doors are fast making a comeback and one can easily find them in various styles and designs both double and single. This type of door also requires wall space, but cannot have plumbing or electric lines to run through it.
- Bi fold doors: For the closet, which is about six feet wide, having a pair of this type of door is considered to be the best and popular choice. Every door is said to take around half of the hinged door’s swinging space. These can be paneled, louvered or flush.
- Bypass doors: These are however, somewhat stated to be less common than the other types found in the market. They operation similar to that of the sliding patio doors, however, are much lighter in its weight and generally are flush doors.
Generally entry doors could be made from fiberglass, metal or wood. They tend to range from windowed doors (windows often being termed as ‘lights’) to straightforward panel doors, having removable grills or attractive mun tins.
- Decorative carved wooden doors: Increasingly one can find different decorative carved wooden doors. Often they have stiles and rails having carved section present in the middle. However, they are quite expensive, but do make a wonderful and memorable impression on the buyer and the viewer.
- Storm door: Even the tightly sealed type of entry door could benefit from having an extra storm door. They are generally made from vinyl or metal, however, one can find wooden models also. The security storm door could be locked for keeping the intruders out and also might be much heavier than that of the standard door. The self storing doors of this type have a screen and window. The inexpensive ones are plain in design. They can detract easily from appearance of the entry door. It is possible to pay much more for the storm door which can help to make the right design statement. However, it is regarded to be a wonderful choice since it unobtrusively frames the entry door.
- Patio sliding doors: These types of doors typically are created from large glass panes that are encased in metal, vinyl or wood frames. Also they make an ideal choice if the individual is interested to maximize the yard’s view. When it is compared with that of French doors, they tend to take up absolutely no floor space, also when open.
People who are interested to have the right type of interior and exterior doors and windows for their home or office, can select one from kloeber that is said to offer a whole range to select from. A proper selection not only would enhance the beauty of the place, but also help the person to be a proud owner and to have peace of mind.