E-cigarettes, also known as personal vaporizers or ENDS (electronic nicotine delivery system), are darbs that use battery powered vaporizers to stimulate smoke. They use a heating element that atomizes a liquid solution known as e-liquid. The ingredients of an e-liquid consist of methyl ethyl glycol, glycerin, nicotine and flavorings without any tobacco. They are said to have less serious effects such as nausea, cough and inflammation on human health.
In recent years, they have gained a lot of popularity as alternatives for traditional cigarettes because their emissions have less toxic components as compared to those of traditional ones. Though they exhibit same safety properties as other tobacco replacement products, there is not enough data to derive conclusions. Their position as a substitute in tobacco harm reduction is still unclear.
Accessories such as cartomizers, clearomizers, tanks and atomizers are used in personal vaporizers on top of their batteries. The range of voltage is 3 volts to 6 volts and that of power is 3 watts-25 watts. Low input of voltage will give less output of power towards battery.
Though the temperature is affected, resistance evaluation of cartomizer decides its final value. Low resistance (high temperature) and high resistance (low temperature) cartomizers are available in the market.
A low resistance cartomizer will give you high temperature even if you decrease the voltage. However, at high voltage, you will obtain more proper and faster burning of the e-liquid used in the e-cigarette.
Types of Personal Vaporizers
There are mainly four types of personal vaporizers.
They are also known as basic personal vaporizers, they are advanced version of standard rechargeable e-cigarettes. They are very easy to use, charge, and generate more smoke and throat-hit than throwaway and rechargeable designs.
They come in various colors, sizes and shapes and hold enough e-liquid in their tanks to help the batteries to last all day. They are good choice for medium and heavy smokers. Ego is only the battery section of the whole cigarette and it requires an atomizer to make a complete gazette. It uses 510 threads to attach a cartomizer.
They are bigger in shape and size and have longer battery lives. They are more advanced than Ego and more appropriate for experienced people. Also, they have high vapor/smoke production and fantastic flavor.
They are also known as mechanical mods. They are used by veteran people. They are unregulated, so you need to take tremendous care while using them. The largest smoke generation occurs in this e-cigarette.
They require you to build your own atomizer and no LCD screen to show the readings and tank are provided; e-liquid is directly poured into the atomizer. You have to decide the amount of power and voltage needed to provide them. In short, you are the one, who has to regulate and customize all of its operations.
- Herbal vaporizers
They are the most eco-friendly of all as they are made of dried herbs and produce no smoke.
Advantages of a Personal Vaporizer
- Longer battery life enables a smoker to smoke anywhere and anytime without any discontinuity.
- Its built-in battery has larger storing capacity and is replaceable and rechargeable.
- It has the ability to adjust its voltage and input power.
- It costs less in comparison to a regular cigarette.
- It is non-flammable as it operates on battery. It does not burn and turns the e-liquid into a vapor by using an atomizer.
- Its emissions are free from tar, carbon monoxide gas and foul smell.
- Its smoke disappears as vapor after few moments and does not harm the smoker and the passive smoker.
- They are ideal for both light and heavy smokers.
- They are simple to handle and you can sustain them easily.
- They are little gazettes that do not require much space. A pocket or a wallet is enough to keep them.
- They keep you informed about voltage, power, resistance, reading of the battery by showing their values on LCD screens attached to them.
- You can customize it to suit your requirement or specifications.
Tips on how to use them
The quality and assurance that these e-cigs give have prompted people to expect sound performance from them. However, they can’t alone do the whole work. The people using them must know the proper ways of handling them if they want to experience bliss while smoking. Some of the tips are as follows.
- Manual batteries are better for having longer puffs and producing larger amount of smoke. You can also accomplish that with automatic batteries, but you need to make a periodic cycle of short and long puffs for that.
- Do not add more e-liquid to the atomizer, if it is totally inundated otherwise the air flow will not be proper and regular. The puffs, then produced, will not feel satisfying.
- It is true that all the e-liquids use methyl ethyl glycol as their chemical source. The difference between them arises in the case of percentage of their chemical constituents. Therefore, keep trying their different types and you might find just the right one for you.
- Atomizers with cartridges avert you from inhaling the vapor by blocking the path with thick and wet froth. Instead, use the drip tip. It will allow proper flow of air as it directly transfers the e-liquid into the atomizer.
- The more the charged battery is, the more the fuller vapor distribution will be.
- Purchase a battery that has high storage capacity, longer life and larger size.
Smoking is injurious to health but still people do it. Its addiction is something that will not let you leave it completely. So, try to turn this cancerous addiction into a harmless time pass and e-cigs are perfect for this job to a great extent. It is time to leave traditional cigarette behind and get innovative for health and more pleasant life.
Various personal vaporizers, made of pharmaceutical ingredients only, are available on www.nucig.co.uk and they facilitate fuller, quicker and easier production of smoke from the cigarettes. The website offers various options such as starter kits, refills, e-liquids, discounts and accessories such as batteries, chargers, cup holders, etc.