When it comes to playing cricket, acquiring the right cricket gear is of paramount importance. Not only do you need to look the part, but you also need to ensure you are protected as well. After all, no one wants to take a cricket ball to the face! If you take a look on the Internet you will see that you have an abundance of options at your disposal in regards to cricket clothing and accessories. It can sometimes be difficult to know where to start, which is why we have put together this handy guide. Keep on reading to discover everything you need to know.
What do you need to Buy?
- White clothing – White is the colour associated with cricket. Unfortunately it is probably the most impractical stain, leaving you with grass marks and such like to contend with. However, it is the colour associated with cricket and thus your garments must be this colour.
- Polo shirt – A polo shirt is the garment that cricket players always wear on the top half of their bodies. It is up to you whether you want to go for a short sleeve or long sleeve polo shirt.
- Wool pullover – This is optional. If you need some additional warmth you may wish to place this over your polo shirt.
- White trousers – Shorts aren’t worn in this sport.
- Cricket shoes – Make sure you invest in quality when it comes to cricket shoes. You have several different options to go for. Most players tend to select spiked cricket shoes, as this will help when it comes to increasing traction.
- Leg, abdomen and thigh guards – As mentioned, acquiring the right gear is not only pivotal in terms of looking right for the sport, but you need to be protected as well. A cricket ball at top speed can cause some serious damage, which is why these protective pads and guards are a crucial purchase.
- Helmet – A helmet is definitely one of the most important purchases. It is also vital in terms of protection. No one wants to be struck in the face with a cricket ball.
- Purchase online – You will have a much bigger selection of products available to you and you will be able to make greater savings as well.
- Buy from well-known brands – This is one of the best ways to ensure quality. After all, the brands are well-known for a reason. Some of the leading cricket brands to consider include the likes of Gunn & Moore, Kookaburra and Gray-Nicolls.
- Read reviews – It is always a good idea to read the reviews that have been left by previous customers. This will give you an insight into the level of quality you are likely to benefit from. You will be alerted to any potential red flags.
- Shop in sales – Finally, as opposed to cutting corners in terms of quality, you should consider purchasing from the sale section. You will find last season’s cricket gear at cut prices.
Hopefully you now have a better idea of what to add to your shopping list if you wish to enjoy the sport of cricket. Follow the tips provided in this post and not only will you acquire the right cricket clothing and accessories, but you’ll purchase the best gear as well.