If the person is a beginner and interested to buy a guitar that suits his taste, then the varieties present in the market may make him to take a long time to take the right decision or buy the wrong one. This is because, with time, the user’s taste is sure to grow and hence, a guitar is to be purchased that is just perfect for his needs. Trends do change with time, like the person may prefer Shred when young and like to buy those Ibanez types of guitars. Also, semi-acoustic guitars might seem to be great to play with. With age, he might choose to play jazz, rock or blues, thereby requiring changing of guitar types.
Tips to make the purchase effective and a great investment
- Style: Firstly, the person needs to understand as to what music type, he would prefer to play. If he is eager to play metal, blues rock or rock, then he can choose the electric guitar, if it is songwriters music, then steel string based acoustic guitar would suit and for playing classical music, then classical guitar can be better.
- Age: For children aged 6 – 10, nylon string guitar would suit better, which can be easy on those small and sensitive fingers, when compared to steel strings. The guitar is to be 1/2 or 3/4 size depending upon the child’s size.
- Electric guitar: These are just perfect to create loud, clean sound. Also, the person has endless sound possibilities using one. Beginners may go for a Fender, Gibson or the Ibanez. For advanced or intermediate players, Paul Reed Smith custom 24 can sound to be the perfect choice. Electric guitars are expandable, having plenty of variety distortion as well as effect pedals for creating more sound.
- Steel string type acoustic guitar: It is full bodied, provides rich and clear sound. Beginners can do with cheap quality guitars, however for the experts, quality should not be compromised upon for price.
- Classical guitar: They offer a warm, mellow and full bodied sound, because of the presence of nylon strings. These are much affordable and are the right instruments for beginners.
- Selecting what is preferred: On visiting the store to buy one, the person is advised by the experts to choose one that sounds good to the ears. Instead of relying solely upon what the salesperson has to say, the person needs to be make his own decision. This is because, the feeling and sound entirely is all about personal likes and preferences.
- Lowering action: It is necessary to get a guitar having low action or to have its actions lowered as possible. Action is stated to be the distance between fret and strings. Lower actions help to enhance the feel of the guitar, making it much easier for the player to press strings down on fret, to produce excellent sound from it. This does make a wonderful difference.
These are few tips suggested above to help the person to buy a guitar that suits his specific preferences and can be termed to be the right purchase, allowing him to nurture his talent and produce some wonderful music.