The interview dressing for men has usually remained static for years. In fact, the dress that you should wear is pretty much same whether you’re applying for an entry-level position or some other better position. The only difference is that the entry-level man is not supposed to have many or as high quality and costly as the person who is applying for a better position. So, if you are supposed to go out for a job interview and you’re still unsure about the way you should dress up in order to seal the deal, here’s help for you. The concerns of this article will deal with the different tips and advices that you have to keep in mind while going for a job interview. Check out the steps to take.
- Be formal irrespective of the regular dress code: Wherever you’re going for a job interview, you have to make sure that you’re in your formals irrespective of the regular dress code of that particular office. However, there are only exceptions when the interviewing panel asks you to wear something specific. Blue men’s suits are something that works the best and it will also offer you versatility in terms of choice of tie and shirt. A three-button suit will always look appropriate for a job interview.
- Select a blue or white shirt: Would you want to look flashy with a bright colored or a patterned shirt in your first interview? Well, this is a place where you have to dress in your best outfit so that you can immediately seal the deal. Therefore, remember that colorful and striped shirts are less formal than a self-color shirt of either light blue or white colors. A straight collar is more formal than a button-down one.
- Wear a dark colored tie: When it comes to wearing tailored suits, you should remember that the most important part is choosing the perfect tie that will match with the suit. Pink or other bright color ties don’t look formal and hence you should try to stick to the more conservative colors like dark blue or navy blue. Small patterned ties will also do.
- Wear a belt: Either wear a belt or suspenders but not both at the same time. If you prefer wearing suspenders, get buttons sewed within the trousers and wear those suspenders that button on. Avoid the inexpensive clip-on type as they will make you look cheap in front of the interviewers.
- Show off your shoes: Last but not the least, how about a pair of cap-toed oxfords or black oxfords to match the entire look? Well the aforementioned two kinds will add on to the sharp and smart look that will be perfect for an interview. Get those that don’t have too thick soles as that may make them look like boots.
Therefore, before you’re out for an interview, make sure you take into account all the above mentioned tips. Go for tailor made suits as they fit the contours of your body in such a manner that you look smart and chic.