Moving can be nerve-wrecking, stressful and an experience most of the people would gladly want to avoid. But when you have to do it, there’s simply no way around it. There are many benefits that can come with moving houses/offices (better location, better workplace, better workforce, better house in general and so on). However, you can’t get to these advantages without going through at least a bit of hassle with the moving process.
If you are moving soon (regardless of whether you are doing it as an individual or family or if you are doing this with your business), you should make sure to plan everything in advance. This will save you from having to face unpleasant surprises later on and it will be a great way to lower the amount of stress you have to face too.
To help you, we have put together a list of 5 extremely important moving checklist items you should definitely keep in mind:
1. One of the first steps you have to make is finding a place to move in. Ideally, you should start searching about 6 months before the actual moving date (probably the date at which your current rental contract expires or a date you have in mind for other reasons). Starting with this as soon as possible will only benefit you, as you will have plenty of time to think things through and to finally settle on that decision which suits you the most.
2. Two months before the actual moving, you should already start searching for a professional removal company in Hampstead to help you out. Again, this way, you will be able to make a good decision and to avoid rushing into the “first comes offer” just because you are running out of time.
3. About one and a half months before the moving date, you should already start sorting out everything in your home. You don’t have to place them in boxes yet, but you should make sure to buy the supplies you need (if they will not be provided by the removal company). Also, this is the time when you should use and give away/sell/throw away anything you don’t need. If you have frozen products, use them because you will most likely not want to move with them.
4. One month before the moving date is when the craze will begin. This is when you should start actually packing and labelling your products. Make sure that you find smart ways to fit everything into your boxes and removal containers and make sure to take with you only those things you will actually use and need. Also, before you move, it would be best for you to take the measurements of your new home and see if the furniture you have will fit through the doors.
5. Also, make sure you put all your paperwork in order and that you forward the address change to all the institutions that should know about it (your bank, your credit card issuer, your work, the telephone company and so on). This should also be done one month before the moving date, but it can be done later on as well. However, taking care of this sooner, rather than later will save you from a lot of hassle by the time you are properly settled in.
Of course, there are many, many other things you should keep in mind. Hiring a removal company can take a burden off your chest and it can help you handle things better as well, so do not hesitate to ask for professional service!