Many people at some point in their lives will need a tooth or teeth replaced. Teeth may need to be replaced for a variety of reasons, due to an accident or aging. For whatever reason, dental implants are the best answer for the replacement of your natural teeth. If you want to smile again and not feel self-conscious about missing or misaligned teeth, get a dental implant.
There are many options available to you when you need to have teeth replaced. Any of the options you choose needs to be done by a specialist. You can find a dentist that does cosmetic dentistry in Perth by researching on the internet. Whomever you choose to do the work will review all of your options. Here are some reasons why dental implants are the best choice to replace one tooth or a mouthful.
- They are the next best thing to your own teeth. Dental implants are actually an artificial root that becomes the base for the replacement tooth. The implant is usually made of extremely strong titanium and will eventually fuse directly to the bone for strength. They should feasibly last a lifetime if they are placed properly and cared for.
- With implants, your face and smile do not change. Missing teeth can cause your mouth to sag and can affect the look of your jaw. It also can affect your smile. Your speech will also stay the same and will not be affected like they may with ill-fitting dentures or bridges.
- Implants will protect healthy bone. If there is a missing tooth, the jawbone will deteriorate because it has nothing to support. This is permanent and cannot ever grow back. It is necessary to get the missing tooth replaced as soon as possible for this reason.
- Dental implants and the teeth are installed on them give a person their confidence back. Instead of being embarrassed by the sight of a missing tooth, you can have an implant and no one will ever know it is not your own tooth. They can match the porcelain crown to the colour of your existing teeth for a flawless look.
- Dental implants are never removed, so you never have to worry about losing them or leaving them on the kitchen sink or, heaven forbid, in a hotel bathroom.
- All foods can be eaten with implants. They are considered as strong as your original teeth.
- You do not have to worry about any cavities in the crowns of the implants. That is a relief!
- Implants protect healthy teeth. Unlike bridges that cause the healthy teeth supporting the bridge to be drilled to a point, the teeth adjacent to implants are not affected. Since the implant goes directly where the old root was, once it grafts to the bone, it will stand on its own.
Dental implants are a great solution to replacing missing teeth. They are expensive, but they are built to last a lifetime if cared for properly. If you are missing a tooth, get excited about having your smile back again once you get a dental implant.